Banking in India is becoming more consumer friendly by the day, as it has seen tremendous progress in terms of technology and new areas of payments have opened whereby which customers can transfer and receive money within seconds.
ICICI Bank Warns of New Fraud
Hackers come up everyday with a new idea to perform bank scams, and in a bid to warn its customers against that, the ICICI Bank has sent an email to them to ensure their safety. “We have always ensured your financial safety and that of your loved ones. As per the ICICI Bank, fraudsters are now hacking the customer’s WhatsApp or Facebook account and sending messages to the his or her contacts, asking for money. “In these desperate times, we have seen many genuine requests for funds, so a request from a known contact does not feel out of the ordinary.
Debit Card Safety
In another email, the ICICI Bank issued a bunch of safety guidelines to avoid ATM card or debit card frauds. Check them out:
– Think of an ATM/Debit Card as the key to your bank account.
– Do not hand over your card to anyone else for use. Never write the PIN anywhere
– Never share your financial information when requested over the phone or through an e-mail
– Do not seek help from strangers in ATM/ Branch instead approach any bank official. ICICI Bank will never email you or call you to ask for your PIN, passwords or other confidential account information.
– Do not follow links from an unfamiliar e-mail. These links can navigate you to fake websites.