New Delhi:- The Union Ministers Prakash Javadeka and Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank have launched detailed notes related to the New Education Policy. The new policy indicates the new changes and, highlights the older policy structure, which has not been revised since 1986. The aim of the new policy is to raise Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education to 50 percent by 2025.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Union Home Minister Amit Shah and many other leaders welcome the New Education Policy. All of them also praised the new policy, and Karnataka Primary and Secondary Education Minister S Suresh Kumar said State will endeavor to implement the new National Education Policy from August itself.
After the declaration of New Education Policy 2020, the cabinet has announced the change in the name of HRD Ministry as Ministry of Education which was last adopted by the Rajiv Gandhi in the year of 1985. Sources revealed that this ministry name changed in propose to focus on education and learning.
Highlights of New Education Policy:-
- Major decision, 10+2 board structure is dropped.
- Fresh School structure will be 5+3+3+4.
- Age up to 5 preschools, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School, 12 onwards Graduation.
- The degree will be 4 years.
- 6th STD onwards vocational courses available.
- Now, From Class 8th to 11 students can choose subjects.
- The courses of graduation will have major and minor for example – science students can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. Any combination one can choose.
- Only one authority will govern all higher education.
- UGC AICTE will be merged.
- All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational, etc will have the same grading and other rules.
- A New board of Teacher Training will be set up for all kinds of teachers in the country, no state can be an exception.
- The same level of Accreditation to any collage, based on its rating college will get autonomous rights and funds.
- A new Basic Learning program will be created by the government for parents to teach children up to 3 years at home and for preschool 3 to 6 years.
- Multiple entries and exit from any course.
- Credit system for graduation for each year, students will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes a break in the course and comes back again to complete the course.
- The major changes in schools exam are all school exams will be done as a semester wise twice a year.
- The new syllabus will be published to reduce to core knowledge of any subject only.
- New NEP will keep more focus on student practical and application knowledge
- For any graduation course if the student completes only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he completes two years then he will get a Diploma certificate and if he completes the full course then he will get a degree certificate. So no year of any student will vest if he breaks the course in between.
- All the graduation course feed of all Universities will be governed by a single authority with capping on each course.
- The medium of instruction till at least Grade 5 should be in-home language, mother tongue, or regional language.