During the last-minute deal, the Trump administration planned to put a ban on the two most popular Chinese app TikTok and WeChat. The information was confirmed by the Trump administration who told the companies threaten national security and they could pass user data to China. However, China denies this statement and said that they did not receive any kind of confirmation over this issue.
As per the media reports, the ban order from the Department of Commerce follows President Trump’s executive orders signed in August and the US president planned a partnership between US tech firm Oracle and TikTok owner Bytedance. If the US President approved it the app will not be banned. So far, it has been not confirmed whether Mr. Trump will approve the deal, but it is expected to review the deal in a given deadline.
The commerce department further informed that while following to instruction of US President Trump the department has taken significant action to combat China’s malicious collection of American citizen’s personal data. Subsequently, it also attached that the president has provided a date, November 12, for national security concerns constituted by TikTok to be resolved.
Earlier, many times Trump administration said the apps are a threat because of their collection of data and they believe that the governing Chinese Communist Party has demonstrated the means and motives to use these apps to compromise national security, foreign policy, and the economy of the United Nations.